Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Four more years...

Four more years...and then we will have a chance to really fix the country!

Okay everyone, today I will be speaking on the election, and how Obama shouldn't be president, and why Romney should have won, and why the voting was obviously rigged. HA! Just kidding. You don't want to hear that! I mean, that's what everyone else is talking about right now. You probably came to my blog looking for something BESIDES the current election topic! But who can blame you?

There is a video, which can be found at this link. In the video, a young girl is crying because she is tired of the election. To be honest, I am a bit tired of it too. But I believe I am justified in this annoyance. Why? Well here, I will give the three main reasons that I am agitated.

Politics...Social Media, and the Plain Media. Let me explain.

First, I will talk about Social Media, since pretty much everyone (including my brother, who now has a Facebook account, help me!) uses social media. Basically, this confuses me so much because EVERYONE says who they want to win the election, but almost NOBODY gives any reason. They are like, "Vote for Obama, unless you aren't, in that case, stay home. I don't have a reason you SHOULD vote for Obama, but just do what I say because I am always right!" And I am serious. I got up a couple of weeks ago, and my Facebook feed had 20 people just saying, "VOTE!", not giving me any real reason. Is there a good reason that anyone has to post on Facebook about something that is already pretty well known. I really doubt anyone is getting on the computer and saying, "Let's see....OH! The Facebook says it is time to vote. I am glad it said that, otherwise I would have COMPLETELY forgotten!". I go to Facebook to see what everyone is doing, anything interesting that has happened recently, and maybe a funny picture. But really, it doesn't interest me, or really anyone else to read 50 posts saying, "Vote, it's election day.".

Second, Plain media. We have all seen those pictures. The ones praising one candidate, while shooting down the other. One picture that comes to mind, talks about "Romney hating big bird". A bunch of people make this a big issue. "Oh no! Our future children might grow up without knowing the importance of cheesy television shows because Romney is going to KILL Big Bird!". Guess what? Romney said he was going to cut government spending, and gave PBS as an example. Big Bird will still live if Romney were to cut funding to PBS. Of course, Obama was elected, so Big Bird will obviously just become unemployed.

And last, politics. Basically, I can't keep up with it all. Romney says he has a plan to save the country, then Obama says he has already been trying for the last 4 years. Romney says it isn't working, so he is going to do [ blank ], Obama says his plan will eventually work, so Romney doesn't need to do [ blank ]. Some people are thinking, "Wow, Romney is so nice, and he is the best choice for this country!" And I am thinking, "Isn't that what everyone says about their candidate at EVERY election?!?" It is said that the definition of insanity is, "Doing the same thing repeatedly, expecting a different result.". Now I am not saying that you shouldn't vote, because it won't make a difference. I am saying that you shouldn't believe that one man can fix a country by himself. As Jordan Taylor from Messy Mondays once said, "Your candidate is not Jesus. Everyone assumes that their guy is the only hope to fix the country. Like we'll have some great moral leader that'll fix the country and make everything good again...How can one person possibly fix that many people? You want the country to be good again? Fix it yourself! Don't rely on somebody in Washington to do it for you." Now, the leader of a country might make some fixes, and he might be the wisest guy ever...next to Solomon. But EVERY 4 YEARS, people vote for a president. Let's use Obama as an example. A bunch of people thought Obama was "so awesome", and they voted accordingly. Then 4 years later, they had seen his faults, so they want a change. Except for people who were misinformed (a lot) and voted for Obama anyway. (Just my view on this). I predict this happening pretty much all the time for the rest of my life. Because frankly, I don't see one guy ending world hunger, I don't see one guy getting good jobs for everyone, I don't see one man creating Utopia. Only One is capable of that, and that is why I am voting for Jesus. He is the only one that will bring about a lasting change, so if you want lasting change, and by that, I mean change that won't last 4 years and then become some other guy's idea of change, if you want a change that last eternally, then make Jesus the one who governs your life. Then, do what everyone is doing on Facebook. They post about their political candidate. You go out and tell friends and neighbors about your candidate for life.

Until next time! ~Ryan M.

1 comment: