Saturday, July 26, 2014

Algebra can be fun!

Are you tired of the same old math questions? Bobby has 2 apples, Jane has 3, how much do they-BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
BLAH

Well, you are in luck! I just so happen to have thought of some great mathematical equations since last I posted, and will share them now. No longer will the answer be dull and boring.

WORD PROBLEM: A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. The birds are the same type. How much is a bird in hand worth?



 Bird in hand (Bh) = 2 Birds in the bush (Bb)

Bh = 2Bb

Bh is the same type as Bb, therefore

Bh = Bb

Bh = 2Bb
Bh =   Bb

Multiply one equation by -1 to get answer.

 Bh = 2Bb
-Bh =  -Bb
   0  =    Bb

Multiply solution by 2 and you get that 2 birds in the bush equals 0. Therefore the bird in your hand is also the equivalent of 0. That is probably why it insists on pecking at your hand. How irrational.



WORD PROBLEM: Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

If we throw anything out, we would be losing it. Therefore, throwing the baby out with the bathwater would look like this.

Me - [Baby (B) + Bathwater (W)] = Bad

simplified

Me - (B) - (W) = Bad

This implies some interesting mathematical conclusions. For example:

Me - (B) - (W) = Bad
       +(B)           = +(B)
Me - (W) = Bad +(B)

So if I throw out the bathwater, the result is a bad baby. But what if I throw out the baby?

Me - (B) - (W) = Bad
                +(W) = +(W)
Me - (B) = Bad +(W)

If I throw out the baby, I now have bad bathwater. What if I just threw myself out?

-{Me - (B) - (W) = Bad}

-Me +(B) +(W) = -Bad (or Good)

Throwing myself out, but not the baby or the bathwater apparently results in good.





MORE TO COME....

No comments:

Post a Comment